Monday, March 12, 2012

Notes From a Newlywed: The Cake {Carvel}

Our wedding cake was figured out, at least in our minds, almost immediately after getting engaged. No eight tiers of fondant or fancy fruit fillings for us, no way. I'll tell you what we wanted in two simple words: ice cream.

An ice cream wedding cake was exactly what we got. I can't even begin to tell you how excited people were when we told them we were getting this cake. It's definitely something out of the ordinary, but everyone likes ice cream, right?




Good ol' Carvel in Mullica Hill, New Jersey prepared our four tiers (plus slicing sheets) of chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, and cookie dough deliciousness. We have gone to this Carvel for numerous birthday cakes over the past few years, and they always do a great job with our orders. For anyone in the Philly area, I highly suggest hitting up this location for all your ice cream needs. Just ask for Jan.


Sure, our cake started dripping a bit before we cut it, and not all the flavors got served since we over-sized our order, but hey...it was ice cream and it was awesome. Carvel crunchies for all!





The photos in today's post were provided courtesy of Nicole Peterson of Girl Photography. Don't know Nicole's work? Check it out here.

12 comments:

  1. I rarely hear of ice cream cakes at weddings - fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ice cream cakes. Such a great idea. I had a snow ball stand at my wedding. I think the guest appreciate an unexpected treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who adores ice cream and doesn't like cake - YAY!!!! Best. Wedding. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ice cream cake! You are awesome for having one in your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my favorite parts of weddings, the wedding cake....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci pour partager cela avec nous tous. Tout le monde veut de choisir les robes les plus

    appropriés pour lui-même. Vous pouvez visiter notre burberry vente shop.we avec une bonne qualité. Vous pouvez trouver. Obtenez votre robe dans notre boutique . Enfin, vous souhaite à tous

    heureux tous les jours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of using an ice cream cake as an alernative the traditional wedding cake. The little cake toppers are adorable. I'm all for any bride who likes something a little "different".

    ReplyDelete
  8. An ice cream wedding cake - talk about yummy! I love when brides really make things custom just for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE .Very beautiful.I feel good.Like it.balklänningar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melbourne Wedding Band - Paris by Night are the leaders for corporate & wedding entertainment in Melbourne with amazing 100% live music! Free showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you happiness, beautiful www.absaweddings.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...